On-Demand Manufacturing for Railway
Discover real customer case studies that demonstrate the value of on-demand manufacturing.
Learn how railway companies are leveraging on-demand manufacturing to:
- Save 50-70% more by producing spare parts on-demand compared to current procurement methods.
- Identify on-demand manufacturing use cases whose cost savings are projected to generate more than a $20 million return on investment.
- Reduce production lead times from two years to just three weeks.
Submit the form to access free railway case studies.
Why Does Railway Need On-Demand Manufacturing?
For decades, the railway transportation industry has relied on suppliers to provide maintenance spare parts to keep trains in operation.
However, as time goes on, and suppliers go out of business, there's a vacuum, resulting in manufacturing delays for maintenance spare parts needed to service in-use legacy equipment.
On-demand manufacturing helps to address these issues by:
- Remanufacturing obsolete parts faster without costly casting and tooling methods.
- Minimizing stock inventory to reduce warehousing costs.
- Printing parts when and where they're needed to reduce service downtime.
What Industry Leaders Say...
“Our colleagues are our eyes and ears – without them we can’t identify parts suitable for 3D printing.
3YOURMIND's AM Part Identifier gives us a simple way to interact with them.”
-Florens Lichte, Head of AM at Deutsche Bahn
“This improved ability for inventory analysis and use case screening will help enhance our cost saving and shorten our lead times dramatically.
We are thrilled to partner with 3YOURMIND and reap the full benefits of additive manufacturing.”
-Laeticia Kirschner, AM Leader at SNCF
Looking for More Content on the Rail Industry?
Let’s Stay in Touch!
Submit your e-mail address to receive news, stories, and article updates from 3YOURMIND.