Why Does Railway Need On-Demand Manufacturing?
For decades, the railway transportation industry has relied on suppliers to provide maintenance spare parts to keep trains in operation.
However, as time goes on, and suppliers go out of business, there's a vacuum, resulting in manufacturing delays for maintenance spare parts needed to service in-use legacy equipment.
On-demand manufacturing helps to address these issues by:
- Remanufacturing obsolete parts faster without costly casting and tooling methods.
- Minimizing stock inventory to reduce warehousing costs.
- Printing parts when and where they're needed to reduce service downtime.
Manufacturing Software for the Next Generation of Railway
3YOURMIND enables digital transformation in the railway and transportation industries by providing OEM and end-use customers with an easy-to-use, flexible software solution that supports more resilient supply chains.
Our comprehensive on-demand manufacturing software helps customers:
- Find strong business cases for 3D-printing spare parts
- Qualify parts faster with material and technology suggestions
- Build digital part inventories, enabling organizations to send files to approved suppliers to print parts closer to their end-use
- Secure intellectual property so proprietary information is never exposed to malicious actors.
What Industry Leaders Say...
“Our colleagues are our eyes and ears – without them we can’t identify parts suitable for 3D printing.
3YOURMIND's AM Part Identifier gives us a simple way to interact with them.”
-Florens Lichte, Former Head of AM at Deutsche Bahn
“This improved ability for inventory analysis and use case screening will help enhance our cost saving and shorten our lead times dramatically.
We are thrilled to partner with 3YOURMIND and reap the full benefits of additive manufacturing.”
-Laetitia Kirschner, AM Leader at SNCF
Looking for More Content on the Rail Industry?
Let’s Stay in Touch!
Submit your e-mail address to receive news, stories, and article updates from 3YOURMIND.