In an article published in September 2020, we announced that DNV, one of the major voices within the oil & gas and energy industry, had invited 3YOURMIND to participate in the Digital Warehouse Joint-Innovation Project. 6 months later, the decisive phase of the ecosystem simulation is underway with the 3YOURMIND platform as the cornerstone. This collaboration is a breakthrough in terms of digitization of spare parts supply chains with additive manufacturing. The Oil and Gas industry ought to create new sustainable models and digital transformation is a key asset in this endeavor. The blueprint thus created will serve - beyond the energy sector - every industry in need for more flexible parts supply chains.
What is the Digital Warehouse Joint-Innovation Project (JIP)?
The objective of JIP Digital Warehouse of DNV is to create an assurance framework for how distributed and on-demand printing of spare parts should be done to ensure the ultimate goal : that the end user gets the right part, with the right properties, in the right time.
This project invites global leaders (Saudi Aramco, ConocoPhillips, Vallourec, Petrolvalves, Valland, IMI CCI, Voestalpine, JFE Steel Corporation, Hiptec, Guaranteed, Ramlab, Norsk Titanium, Immensa Technology Labs, Additive Industries, Addilan, 3YOURMIND and XDM 3D Printing.) to participate and develop an assurance framework that mitigates the risks and amplifies the benefits of additive manufacturing.
Focused on standardizing spare parts production and improving the energy value chain, this partnership will equip both parties with the resources and data needed to transform the oil & gas and energy industry.
Now that the groundwork has been laid, the next phase of this project to ensure its success is ecosystem simulation. That's where 3YOURMIND comes in, bringing its software and data collection expertise to bear.
3YOURMIND platform as the digital skeleton in this ecosystem simulation
3YOURMIND is shaping the future inventory concept. In other words, it will be the platform provider for the entire process. The AM software expert was selected to connect all the stakeholders from the oil & gas and energy industry into the same platform to elaborate an end-to-end ecosystem simulation from part identification to part production. Our high secured infrastructure enables our customers to host their digital inventory even with sensible data.
Perform part assessment
- Assessment structure includes data sources and extraction modes to spot AM ready parts. This includes part requirements, materials, qualifications, technologies, economic factors, performance metrics and traceability. Part of the digital Inventory is an algorithm based part assessment to determine suitable use cases for AM.
- This will allow companies to speed up and automate their use case screening for AM based on existing economical and technical data and according to oil & gas and energy specific requirements. In doing so the company can screen ten thousands of parts which would not be possible without software.
- Furthermore AM experts can focus on the best parts pre-evaluated by our software and turn them into profitable applications.
Centralized digital inventory (Track and store data)
- The software provides an easy and transparent way to link part, material and manufacturing information directly to the AM use case. Make parts and associated information available in a centralized place.
- This allows a comprehensive documentation of all information needed to order a part. This track and trace functionality is key for entering serial AM production and serving regulated industries.
- Using 3YOURMIND software will reduce documentation effort by collecting all relevant information in one single data storage directly associated with the part.
Manage and dispatch the orders
- Once parts are stored in the digital inventory, we provide a direct connection to our ERP modules for order management. AM manufactures can be connected to that platform providing information on price and lead time.
- That enables the end-user to directly manage and dispatch orders like ordering from Amazon.
- This allows the organization to decrease their purchasing effort and shorten their lead time significantly.
This ecosystem simulation is a critical phase for the Digital Warehouse Joint-Innovation Project (JIP). This effort aims to increase understanding of the concept, and lessons learned will be fed back into the development of the assurance framework. More news in the coming months!
3YOURMIND's unique end-to-end workflow software enables industry leaders to build on-demand distributed production models. 3YOURMIND offers Enterprise Software to automate additive manufacturing processes and workflows. Their modularized product suite standardizes every aspect of the Additive Manufacturing supply chain from the creation of digital qualified parts inventories to shop-floor processes automation. The Agile PLM analyzes historical part data to build a digital inventory of AM-ready parts. The Agile ERP automates AM pricing, production recommendations and routine business processes for order management. The Agile MES optimizes scheduling, transparency and quality assurance tracking along the AM production chain. With end-to-end transparency, traceability and flexibility, the software lays the foundation for Agile Manufacturing. 3YOURMIND is a global organization with headquarters in Berlin, Germany and satellite offices throughout Europe and the United States.
We are the independent expert in assurance and risk management. Driven by our purpose, to safeguard life, property and the environment, we empower our customers and their stakeholders with facts and reliable insights so that critical decisions can be made with confidence. We use our knowledge to advance safety and performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions to tackle global transformations. We are the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We deliver world-renowned testing, certification and technical advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables, oil and gas, and energy management. We are one of the world’s leading certification bodies, helping businesses assure the performance of their organizations, products, people, facilities and supply chains. We are also a world-leading provider of digital solutions for managing risk and improving safety and asset performance for ships, pipelines, processing plants, offshore structures, electric grids, smart cities and more. Our open industry assurance platform Veracity, cyber security and software solutions support business-critical activities across many industries, including maritime, energy and healthcare.
To learn more about digital warehouse in the oil and gas industry, watch the replay of our episode of the 3D FRIDAY TALK SHOW : "Oil&Gas Industry: from physical to digital warehouse"