The new collaboration between Carbon and 3YOURMIND is a major step forward in optimizing the entire AM value chain. 3YOURMIND is excited to announce their partnership with Carbon®, a leading 3D printing technology company. In the AM market, machines will become a crucial commodity over the next few decades, and software will provide the critical competitive edge that helps companies innovate in the design and production space. As manufacturers expand their adoption of IoT (Internet of Things), they must consider back-end machine connectivity platforms and implement workflow solutions that track, monitor, and standardize production.
Carbon helps businesses develop better products and bring them to market in less time. Carbon Digital Light Synthesis™ (Carbon DLS™) process combines versatile printers, advanced software and best-in-class materials to deliver functional parts with end-use performance and aesthetics, proven to help engineers and designers create products that outperform expectations.
End-to-End Digital Thread and Machine Connectivity
As a result of this partnership Carbon’s customers will be able to elevate their production processes to the next level.
- By combining Carbon systems with 3YOURMIND’s Agile PLM Technology Advisor, customers who have Carbon printers will be able to quickly identify the parts they need. The combined solution is technology-specific and machine-specific, creating a seamless user experience along the AM value chain that enables customers to print the components they need when they need them.
- Customers that have Carbon printers will also be able to quickly calculate parts prices, based on the unique material prices and production parameters of their specific project, which 3YOURMIND’s Agile ERP software uses as a baseline. This single digital platform enables customer and order management automation with accurate calculations during the order process.
- Additionally, connectivity in 3YOURMIND’s Agile MES will allow customers insight into a specific analytics dashboard, allowing them to hone their processes and optimize every aspect of their production. The ultimate software solution that completes the digital thread and enables bidirectional control and tracking. Machine connectivity and productivity is powered by real-time data, smart part prioritization, digital production planning, and quality assurance metrics embedded in the platform.
The perfect tool to monitor production and standardize workflows.
What to Expect
Customers that combine Carbon systems with 3YOURMIND’s Agile PLM Technology Advisor can anticipate major improvements to overall efficiency across the entire value chain.
- The modules Agile PLM and ERP allow a 90–95% drop of assessment process time per suitable AM use case and 80% time reduction from project creation to order processing (including quoting and data preparation).
- Most notably, Agile MES has proven to replace multiple applications in conventional AM workflows and reduced the need for jobs scheduling and documentation by 90%.
- In addition, 3YOURMIND has recorded a 130–150% higher machine utilization with smart scheduling tools.
It’s a win-win-win for 3YOURMIND, Carbon, and the AM community.
“We are thrilled to partner with 3YOURMIND and unlock the full power of the additive manufacturing value chain,” said Phil DeSimone, co-founder, Chief Product and Business Development Officer at Carbon. “As we continue to grow our customer base, 3YOURMIND’s parts identification, order management, and production planning capabilities will seamlessly enhance our versatility and the customer experience.”
“This partnership with Carbon demonstrates a prime example of how our software can enhance the entire AM process,” said Aleksander Ciszek, Founder & CEO at 3YOURMIND. “By including their unique technology parameters in our AMPI we can extend their connectivity capabilities, help streamline data analytics, and help identify prime use cases in which to harness the power of AM.”
Join our AM network with CARBON
3YOURMIND's unique end-to-end workflow software enables industry leaders to build on-demand distributed production models. 3YOURMIND offers Enterprise Software to automate additive manufacturing processes and workflows. Their modularized product suite standardizes every aspect of the Additive Manufacturing supply chain from the creation of digital qualified parts inventories to shop-floor processes automation. The Agile PLM analyzes historical part data to build a digital inventory of AM-ready parts. The Agile ERP automates AM pricing, production recommendations and routine business processes for order management. The Agile MES optimizes scheduling, transparency and quality assurance tracking along the AM production chain. With end-to-end transparency, traceability and flexibility, the software lays the foundation for Agile Manufacturing. 3YOURMIND is a global organization with headquarters in Berlin, Germany and satellite offices throughout Europe and the United States.
Press contact and resources at 3YOURMIND here.